QuickBooks users have recently reported a number of errors, one of which is Quickbooks error 15241. This error usually occurs when a user attempts to download or update payroll services. In this article, we will discuss the Quickbooks error code 15241, its causes, and the possible solutions to resolve such an error. Before we go any further, let’s take a quick look at QuickBooks error 15241
QuickBooks Error 15241: A Brief Overview
Quickbooks error 15241 is a payroll update error that displays an error message on the screen that reads: Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
This error prevents you from updating or running payroll; to resolve this issue, follow the possible solutions listed below in the article.
Symptoms or Signs of QuickBooks Error Code 15241
When users encounter Error Code 15241, they may notice the following signs or symptoms:
- In QuickBooks Payroll, you will begin to receive update notifications.
- The payroll update will not be able to be installed.
- Windows runs slowly and reacts slowly to keyboard and mouse inputs.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 15241
The QuickBooks update error can be caused by various reasons including:
- Microsoft Windows installer that has been corrupted or
- Because of damaged Quickbooks desktop installation
- This error may also occur if the QuickBooks desktop file service is turned off.
Possible solutions to Resolve QuickBooks error 15241
Below we have discussed the steps to repair QuickBooks error 15241, classified by the Windows version you use.
For Windows 8/ Windows 7/ Windows Vista and Windows 10 Users
Follow these steps if you are using Windows 8, 7, Vista, or 10.
- The initial step is to exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, from your keyboard, press the ‘Windows Start’ button, and then right-click on Computer.
- The user should then select the ‘Manage’ tab.
Users of Windows 10:
Search for Computer by clicking the Search button in the taskbar. Right-click this PC and select the Manage tab.
- Following that, From the left pane, click on ‘Services,’ then ‘Applications
- In the next step select ‘Services’ from the right pane
- Perform a double-click on ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS.’
- Select Startup type from the drop-down menu.
- In the startup window, select ‘Manual.’
- Next, Click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Select the Start option, followed by the ‘OK button.’
- Relaunch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Product updates for QuickBooks Desktop can be downloaded.
- At last, ‘Update latest payroll tax tables’
Also Read: Why Small Businesses Need a Customer Review Feedback System
For Windows XP users:
If you are using Windows XP, follow the steps outlined below:
- The initial step is to exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, from the Desktop, right-click on ‘My Computer’ and select ‘Manage.’ The computer management screen will ‘Open’ here.
- Select ‘Services’ from the Services and Applications tab. The Services window will now appear.
- Scroll down to the ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS’ service and double-click it. The Properties window for Intuit’s ‘QuickBooks FCS’ will appear.
- Next, click on the ‘General tab,’ then tap on the ‘Startup’ type drop-down list, and finally on the ‘Manual’ option.
- Then click on OK button
- After that, reopen QuickBooks Desktop
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- Also, Update the payroll tax tables.
Revalidate the Payroll Service Key to refresh the Payroll Connection:
- Open QuickBooks and select the Employees tab from the top taskbar.
- Select Activate Service Key after clicking My Payroll Service Key.
- As a result, the Service Key Window will appear on the screen.
- Choose the Payroll that you’re currently using and then click Edit.
- Continue to press the Next button until you see the Finish option.
- Once the payroll service key has been re-validated, try using the payroll again to see if the error has been resolved.
Also note that, after following the possible solutions if the problem persists, try reinstalling QuickBooks using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
After you’ve completed the above troubleshooting steps, try updating Payroll to the most recent version. It is possible that QuickBooks update error 15241 is caused by another application installed on your computer that is interfering with QuickBooks payroll updating, such as firewall applications, and in such cases we must thoroughly investigate the issue to resolve the error.
Additional Solutions to Resolve Error Code 15241
You can also set up QuickBooks to update automatically. This eliminates the need for you to manually update QuickBooks Desktop and its various tools and applications. Here’s how you can go about it:
- From the ‘Help’ menu, select ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, select the ‘option’ tab.
- To enable automatic updates, select ‘Yes.’
- Select the ‘Close’ tab.
Eventually, you will be able to resolve the Quickbooks error 15241. In case the error doesn’t resolve even after following the above-mentioned solutions, you can connect with the concerned technical team for further assistance.