Today, the world has enough resources to know what is happening in the other corner, from air quality to national security and UNO. This has been possible with the idea that people need to have knowledge on everything they seek to learn and with the internet. Technology has grown side by side with the internet. Marketing, a booming term, is no exception, and marketing a product or a service has long past traditional methods.
This new-age technology has incredibly changed the way businesses market their products and services. Even consulting a doctor happens online. And how do we know about this? It is because of promotion, another term in marketing. This is just one pick out from a plethora of other fields digital marketing has influenced.
In this article, let us understand the impact of digital marketing on event planning and the strategies to promote them.
Digital Marketing Strategies
Digital marketing promotes a product or service on digital platforms, mainly on the internet, but also involves mobile phones, display advertising, and other mediums. The modern age has shifted online for most of the daily activities, and marketing falls under no exclusion!
The most significant reason why digital marketing is chosen over traditional marketing is perhaps that it is trackable and reaches a broader audience in click on fingers. There are a few criterions guiding the strategies picked to market a product or a service, or a brand; they include the concentration of audience, budget, popularity, relevance, visibility, and platform engagement.
Here are the popular digital marketing strategies:
- PPC and Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization Marketing
- E-Mail Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Pay-per-Click Marketing
It is important to know these Digital marketing strategies from ground level if you are looking to use them for prompting your products, services or events. And its an easy process to learn the basics of these strategies. Just enroll into the free digital marketing course with certificate and go for it.
Digital Marketing Strategies to Plan and Promote Events
With everybody rushing to their workplaces in the morning and balancing their personal lives, people hardly find time to plan any event. Minute personal things are mostly negligible in work-life. This led to the emergence of “event planning” and gave prominence to “event planners”.
When it comes to profession, events are planned within the organization to promote a brand or to drive sales. External planners can be involved if it is for fun. You wouldn’t go on foot searching for event planners now, would you? You will use the internet or any social media platforms to search for good event planners to suit your event the best.
But if you are an event planner and get down to working for it, what strategies would you have to follow?
- Define Key Data Points. It is beneficial to define your requirements before getting on track to the executive so that you don’t have to redo anything. Plan your path, get set, and go!
- Optimize Your Website. Your website is the face to communicating your brand, product, or service. Keeping in mind that you don’t dial up to every customer, it is important to keep your website clean, presentable, and user-friendly.
- Strategize Your Social Media Activity. You will have to be wise at this stage since it involves the efforts of various teams within your organization. You put your plan into action by choosing the right platform and suitable method depending on the requirements, budget, and audiences for your sell.
- Leverage Influencers to Promote. It is ubiquitous to involve influencers to promote a brand, a product, or a service. It creates a psychological impact on the buyers because of their personal like towards the influencers. In most cases, we see celebrities, sports personalities, and business insight holders promoting your business or something it sells.
- Right Foot To Your Email Marketing Game. Email is an official channel to communicate your business with target and potential customers and your clients. But why would anybody want to spend a few minutes of their time reading your mail? Give them enough reason by composing an exciting subject and keeping the intent crisp. It is also important that your organization has enough good to make your content in the mail convincing.
- Create & Distribute Video Content. If you assume that every customer would read the content that you present on the website or the mails, then you will have to start studying Digital Marketing from the beginning. You will need more than just words to attract customers and clients. Creating infographics and videos is the next immediate approach that will give you a sure hit when done right.
- Create a Sense of Fear of Missing Out (FOMO): You don’t want to miss something that creates a feeling of need now, do you? A few people might want to be on the very top; a few want to grab when the offer is still on; a few don’t want to miss the chance to be one amongst a substantial number. It would ultimately involve your skills to create a thirst in your customers to buy what you sell.
- Live Blog. This is one of the proven best ways to keep your customers engaged. You will have to choose a relevant audience for your event, pick the platform, post the event, and live-stream it. There is no must-follow flow here, make sure to escalate your event to more than just a live blog!
These are a list of a few common things you will have to remember if you are holding an event in your profession, like the campaigns, product launches, official success parties, etc. How would you do it to celebrate your personal life events?
You would choose an event planner suiting your requirements and budget, communicate your requirements, specify the instructions and enjoy the occasion. These event planners will not come to your doorstep asking if you are planning something special. You will have to search on the internet, choose between the best available options, and block them to plan for your event. If you are an event planning team or an organization, you would still have to remember the above points, and in addition, you will have to make sure that it is planned as a personal life occasion.
Promoting your brand online is a proven practice in a business of any kind. Planning a professional or a personal event is one of them. You will have to choose the prominent platform that leaves an impression for a long time on your clients and customers. Good content is one part, but the way it is presented makes it everything. Digital marketing has a lot of tools and technologies to offer to aid in promoting your event. Learn more about Digital Marketing with our digital marketing course online and put the right foot to leverage it to promote your next event!