One of the nation’s best and most prestigious IIMs is the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta. IIM Calcutta is recognized for developing finance education. IIM Calcutta was founded in 1961 and is currently ranked third in the Management Category by NIRF 2022 and Outlook-ICARE.
The Flagship MBA program at IIM Calcutta is also well-known. The IIM Calcutta Placement Report for the class of 2022 was recently made public. The average CTC was 34.2 LPA at IIM Calcutta. CAT scores determine admission to IIM Calcutta’s Flagship MBA Program.
Fee Structure Of IIM Calcutta
|MBA||Rs. 23 Lakhs||Graduation with 50% + CAT|
|PG Diploma||Rs. 24 Lakhs||Graduation|
|PGCM||Rs. 6.9 Lakhs||Graduation|
|Pg Program||Rs. 13.9 Lakhs||Graduation + CAT|
|Executive||Rs. 27 Lakhs||Graduation + CAT/GMAT|
|Executive||Rs. 2.68 Lakhs||Graduation + 50%|
|Executive||Rs. 5 Lakhs||Graduation + 50%|
IIM Calcutta Online Courses
Online Executive Program
IIM Calcutta’s executive programs offer working professionals the chance to get exposure to many parts of general management or certain functional areas.
These are part-time certificate programs that combine online and on-campus instruction. Without leaving their cities, executives can participate in live classes through online platforms and benefit from networking with a broader peer group.
IIM Calcutta online courses are held in the evenings or on weekends,to make sure that there is as little conflict with work hours throughout the week as possible.
The Placement Cell Of IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta, also known as the Indian Institute of Management, is the oldest of the IIMs and has maintained its position as one of the top business schools in India ever since it was founded. In addition to being the oldest IIM, IIM-C is renowned for its ROI.
- The average salary package for MBA students typically exceeds INR 25 LPA.
- Summer internship postings at IIM Calcutta for its 59th MBA class of 2022–24 are already complete. Four hundred seventy students in all received 540 offers. 59% of the students were hired by companies in the consulting and financial industries.
- The average and median stipends were INR 1.59 lakhs and INR 1.5 lakhs, respectively, while the top 25% of students received a stipend of INR 2.24 lakhs.
- IIM Calcutta just finished its recruitment effort for the class of 2022. The 57th batch, as with every year, received 100% placements, with a median salary of INR 31 LPA and an average salary of 34.2 LPA.
- Over 192 employers provided job openings during the final placement process. Four hundred seventy-nine students received about 640 offers, with about 49% of those offers being in the consulting field.
- The institution completed its final placement campaign for its flagship MBA program in 2021, with a 100% placement rate. Due to the pandemic, the entire hiring procedure was carried out remotely. The MBA students received the highest CTC, INR 87.36 LPA, and the average CTC, INR 28.75 LPA.
- The institute has finished placing summer interns for the class of 2021–2023, and 476 students received 550 offers. The average stipend was INR 1.4 lakhs, and the top 25% of students received the highest stipend of INR 2 lakhs per month.
The Scholarship Program Of IIM Calcutta
Deserving and meritorious students have various scholarship opportunities at IIM Calcutta. The scholarships are sponsored by various organizations, including the Aditya Birla Group, OP Jindal Engineering & Management, and Ratan Tata Trust.
Candidates for IIM Calcutta must meet the requirements set forth by the sponsors. By their performance, the Government of India also awards scholarships to SC/ST students.
Based on their performance in the MBA Term 1 exam, NTPC also awards merit-based scholarships to deserving SC/ST students with disabilities. Verify the course and fees for IIM Calcutta.
Students in the first and second years of the PGDM program, as well as those with a variety of disabilities, may apply for the following scholarships:
Scholarships for PGDM Students in their First Year
The candidates can apply for the following scholarships to receive financial aid from IIM Calcutta:
- B.P. Poddar Scholarship
- India Carbon Scholarship
- T. T. Krishnamachari Award
- BPL Prize
- Damodar Valley Corporation Award For Creditable Performance
- Central Bank of India Prize For Best Performance In Finance Course
- Aditya Kashyap Memorial Scholarship (for first rank holder)
- P. R. Karthik Scholarship
Scholarships for PGDM Students in Their Second Year
The IIM Calcutta is a sponsor of the following scholarship programs:
- Dr. B. C. Roy Memorial Gold & Silver Medals
- Chairman’s Prize
- John Wynne Prize
The objective of IIM Calcutta is to develop itself as a global center of excellence in management education, and the International Student Exchange Program (STEP) is a key component of that mission. The course allows students to study in culturally varied settings, preparing them to function as truly global managers.
Since the start of STEP in 1999, IIMC has developed solid ties with more than 40 renowned business schools across North and South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. I.E., Business School, ESCP Europe, European Business School (Germany), Bocconi University, and the National University of Singapore are a few partner institutions.
Student Life At IIM Calcutta
A dynamic and active student body may be found at IIMC. Only the top students can attend IIMC due to the strict selection process. Many different academic and professional backgrounds can be found among these students.
However, they have a lot in common, including their excitement and desire for excellence. Campus life frequently consists of lectures, business school events, sporting competitions, and cultural activities. In addition, every effort is made to support student initiatives, and students run all clubs and societies.
The main deciding body for all student activities is the Student Council, a broad constitutional body chosen by students. Additionally, it serves as a conduit between the administration and the students.
IIM Calcutta is one of the best and most prestigious institutes in India for management courses. You can pursue them either online or offline as well. IIM is best for MBA and postgraduate diplomas because, after the course completion, the candidate can crack a high-salary job.
They offer so many other courses too like PG, executive program in investment management, Executive online program and so on. Moreover, the environment and culture of IIMs are superior, so one should not worry about student life.