The primary focus of custom business applications is to provide better service to customers. For example, an application for a restaurant is a technological resource that will promote loyalty and greatly facilitate communication with the public.
You might think that these ratings are only applicable to restaurants that have already succeeded in hospitality’s competitive world. That is, only for those who can afford certain luxuries. Well, the reality is that no.
Applications for mobile devices are very versatile, and it is possible to launch a cheap and practical app. However, we are going to see some arguments that deny these doubts.
Why make an application?
If you are a business professional in the restaurant industry, you recognize that you are in a sector that is extremely sensitive to economic circumstances. The cost of eating out contracts when activity decreases and grows when the outlook is for expansion. There are also annual cycles depending on seasonality and festive or vacation periods.
These changes are exacerbated when a restaurant has gained a clientele but has made little effort to build loyalty. A repeat customer is the best advertising agent. With your recommendations, attract friends and family who, in turn, open up new opportunities.
A cheap app can be a business card, an updated menu of dishes, a tourist information document, and much more. The client who downloads the application carries on his mobile device the essential information to present a gastronomic offer to a new audience. You will be a selfless sales agent who will help build the image of a successful restaurant.
The advantages of an app
- No one doubts the importance of signage in hospitality establishments. A place that offers a public service makes itself known in the vicinity of its location. The same thing has long since been transferred to the channel provided by the Internet. The visibilityis acquired by the accumulation of information elementsthat include a service or product, or brand identity.
- The practical value of information. When a client downloads the application, they bring with them a complete and updated menu of the house’s specialties. The pleasant memory of a previous visit is reinforced with beautiful images from the restaurant’s menu. You are one click awayfrom making a reservation under the conditions you want of space and time.
- Communication of special events. Days dedicated to a particular kitchen or to publicize a new product are common in restaurants. The vehicle that offers a restaurant appcould not be more appropriate. It can also be used to disseminate special offers and public events in the vicinity or on the premises itself.
- Additional tourist information. A good restaurant is a reference that sometimes works better than a street name to locate on a map. Especially fortunate locations of establishments add attractions to a gastronomy rendezvous. These environment values will be added in the customer’s memory to those found in the restaurant’s menu.
The qualities of a good app
Indeed you are already convinced of the opportunities that a mobile application opens up for your restaurant. Now we can get closer to the features that make it work. Those that make it really useful and multiply the effectiveness when promoting the business.
- Usability. The application should make it easy for the customer to use it without prior learning. The interface must be simple and clear. It should stimulate the user’s intuition to make textual, graphic, or video information available with a minimum number of clicks.
- The effort to cover the maximum number of devices. You should pay attention to being on the same level in the software warehouses for the major operating systems. They are applications that normally do not require great technological requirements. Therefore they must run on the largest number of versions of these operating systems.
- A scrupulous compliance with the legal regulationsregarding permits, notices, and responsibilities. The security of the customer’s device must be guaranteed at all times. Authentication and security protocols of proven reliability are applied.
- Must encourage customer participation. The communication that is established must be bidirectional. The possibility of transferring information comfortably to social networks and other media is also a point to take into account.
- Integration of the application with the logistics tools ofthe business. The application must be in communication with the restaurant’s internal tools. Automatic information updates and unavoidable changes should always be reflected in deference to the customer.
- Ability to personalize the application. Each client will make individualized use of the software. He must choose the display and layout configuration he prefers.